Admissions and Records

In the Admissions and Records office, we assist with admission to the college, registration, transcript requests, updates to student records, student petitions, enrollment verifications, graduation evaluations, as well as issuing and replacing diplomas and certificates.

While our office is open, you may still request Admissions and Records assistance electronically by email. Personal student information will only be disclosed to your student email account. You must login to your Student Email account to submit your requests and petitions/documents by email at .

You can apply to Madera Community College through CCCapply, and create an OpenCCC account: This is a statewide system.

While logged into your OpenCCC account, Start A New Application to apply to Madera Community College.

For additional information on requirements see Seven Steps to Enroll at MCC. (we need to add this page or link to an existing app page)

New, returning, and transfer students who apply for admission will receive registration information via their student email account beginning in November for Spring semester registration and beginning in April for Summer/Fall semester registration.

Students may check their eligibility for registration by accessing Self-Service through MyPortal. Go to the “Registration Eligibility Information” link under “Academics” to view academic holds, registration holds, and your registration date.

Students may register for classes by accessing Self-Service through MyPortal. Go to the “Search and Register for Classes” link under “Academics” to view available classes and to register for courses.

The Madera Community College High School Enrichment Program offers students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades an opportunity to enroll in college courses and receive college credit. Exceptions to this policy are outlined in the High School Enrichment application.

California state law requires that each student enrolled in or applying for admission to a California community college provide information and evidence to determine his/her residence classification for tuition purposes. Review the residency requirements to determine if you are a California resident for purposes of attending a California community college.


Also known as Tuition Exemption Request. To learn more about eligibility and submission of the AB50 form visit the residency requirements webpage.

Ordering Transcripts

You can order transcripts using the online transcript ordering services from Credentials Solutions.

Sending Transcripts

You can send official transcripts to Madera Community College by mail or email.

Mailing Address:

Madera Community College
Admissions & Records
30277 Avenue 12
Madera, CA 93638


Madera Community College uses the five-letter grading system. Letters A, B, C, D, and P indicate passing grades; NP indicates no pass; F indicates failing. Units earned/allowed are awarded for grades of A, B, C, D, or P.

If your Name is incorrect on our records from an error on your application, or if your name has changed, you may experience difficulty in receiving transcripts or credit for your earned units, degrees or certificates. To ensure uninterrupted access to your records and accounts, please contact Admissions and Records at 559-675-4848 or email

To request a chosen/preferred name, current students can submit a chosen/preferred name request through MyPortal.

  1. Log into MyPortal
  2. Click on your current name located at the top right hand side of the page and then select the Name/Pronoun Preferences option from the context menu as shown:
    screenshot of name/pronoun preference

New or returning students can submit a chosen/preferred first name at the time of application through CCCApply.

It is important to understand that designating your chosen/preferred first name does NOT constitute a legal name change. A students' legal name will continue to be used on certain college documents, such as transcripts and financial aid documents. A student's chosen/preferred first name will display in Canvas and Self-Service, including class rosters, and wait lists for use by instructors. For legal name changes, contact your campus Admissions and Records office. Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

Please note it takes between 2-4 days to process chosen/preferred first name requests and for your chosen/preferred first name to appear in Canvas and Self-Service with other apps to follow.

Learn about the cost of attending college.

The deadline to declare an eligible course as pass/no pass varies. Please email to inquire about the deadline for the semester in question.

It is highly recommended that you discuss dropping a course(s) and/or changing a course to a P/NP grade option with a counselor to understand all implications these changes may have on your educational plan and transfer goals. Not all courses are eligible for the P/NP option.


Pass / No Pass Status Application Form

Students who anticipate meeting certificate/degree requirements by the end of a term need to submit a graduation application for the certificate/degree in WebAdvisor by October 1st for Fall, March 1st for Spring and July 1st for Summer. Failure to apply before the final deadline will delay the granting of the degree to the end of the next term.

Madera community college is required to adhere to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended by 20 U.S.C. 1232g. This federal law affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. These rights ensure that educational and financial information is released only to the student, unless written consent is on file with the Madera community college Records office.

Apply For Admission
Campus Map
Class Schedules
Financial Aid
Human Resources
Timely Warnings
Clery Report
District Police
Measure C
Other Colleges
Reedley College
Madera Community College at Oakhurst
Fresno City College
Clovis College
State Center Community
College District (SCCCD)
Progress & Performance
Strategic Planning
Associate Degree
For Transfer
Student Success